Welcome to Miss Ilyes class!
We are enjoying 2024 and the Spring term so far! We have looked at all three of our school values of Joy, Love and courage and how they help shape us, our school community and the wider communities we are a part of.
Year 2 Key Information:
Compulsory homework includes reading. Please hear your child read daily. Record this in their reading journal and sign it. Your child needs to read at least 4 times before their book is changed. Reading books will be changed every Tuesday.
Spellings are tested every Monday and your child will be sent home with their spellings on a Tuesday. Children need to get all 10 spellings correct before they can pass on to the next honeycomb. If your child is struggling with their honeycomb spellings please come and speak to myself, or another member of the Year 2 team.
A homework menu will be sent home each half-term with different curriculum activities. Please see below for this half-term’s menu. This is optional and linked to our thematic curriculum.
In year 2, our PE days are Tuesday and Wednesday. Children can come to school in their PE kit which should include:
- Stored in a named, school issue PE bag
- Plain white or school logo T-shirt
- Plain black / navy shorts
- Plain black / navy blue tracksuits (Year 2 only)
- Hair ties for children with long hair
- Pumps for games and wet days
- If your child has earrings please can they be covered with a plaster or plasters vrought in to cover them.