Year 1 Home Learning
Welcome to the Year 1 page.
Hello to all of you wonderful Year 1 children. Thank you for all of the work you do at home. Here are a few reminders and ideas that you can do at home as well as work
- Read, read, read! We love it when you read all kinds of books. They can anything from your school book, an annual, magazines, or any book you love! Whatever you read, let us know in your diary. Parents, it is also a great idea to read more challenging books to your children too.
- MATHS! You do amazing maths at home already but here are a few links to some fun games and videos.
- We love Jack Hartmann on You Tube! How about searching for his maths songs. Here is a link to his channel. ENJOY!
- TOP MARKS Maths – this is a great tool for maths games.
- PHONICS! Here is a link to Mrs Bigger’s Phonics page. See if you can spot the sound we are learning in class.
- Phonics play is a great website that we use for phonics’ activities https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Alphablocks – we all love the Alphablocks in Year 1. Can you beat the Alphablocks by sounding the word out before they do!
- And Lastly, remember to check out CBEEBIES for some lovely stories and programmes.
Please find below various home learning information.
Each week new sheets will be added into the coinciding date section.
PURPLE MASH TASKS
Please note there will be a new task each week assigned to children on Purple Mash. All the children need to do is click on the Purple Alerts Bell. These tasks will be linked with class topics etc.
OnlineSafetyAtHome - Home Activity Packs
#OnlineSafetyAtHome campaign can be found on the CEOP Thinkuknow Education Team website. This is to help support parents and carers during COVID-19 and the closure of schools. Every fortnight, this website releases new home activity packs with simple 15 minute activities parents and carers can do with their child to support their online safety at home. They are suitable for ages 4-14+. You can find these packs on the CEOP Thinkuknow website here: Online Safety At Home Activity Packs
Here are a few links to Youtube videos to help you and your child find their way around Purple Mash.